[ inception ] [ fanfic / afanfic ] [ dis / trade / srs / projects / 3d / fanart / afanart / oek / tits / rpg / dumps / cosplay ] [ offtopic / vg / zombies / gay / resources / upl ]
Return Entire Thread

How It Began (BLU Team) (0)

1 .

Well I suddenly got this idea of writing each TF2 character’s back story and how they joined the team (I’ll be writing the BLU team… since I like them better for some reason). It’s headcannon all the way, I believe. All comment and criticism appreciated.

This is Scout’s story. Hope ya’ll like it, and apologize in advance for all the errors and mistakes.

___________________
How It Began

Scout - Shiver


Snap. Crash. Shatter!

Scout awoke in the middle of the night. He knew it was the middle of the night, because everything looked like a solid black world the moment his eyes snapped open. The sound was still ringing in his ears. Shatter. Something shattered just outside his room. Scout felt his breath evading him.

Shatter!

Scout pulled the blankets over his head, and remained silent. Whatever was in the apartment, it was not going away. A small tear trickled at Scout’s eye, but he quickly wiped it away. No way. He isn’t crying. He closed his eyes tightly. No way is he letting any no-good asshole walk in the apartment, with his Ma a room away. His mother promised him this vacation a long time ago, and no one, no one, was going to ruin that for them.

Scout carefully peeled the blanket off his head, and allowed his bare feet to meet the ground. The hotel’s carpet seemed to becoming colder under his feet. It was now clear as day to him that someone was shuffling through the room. He squeezed his hands into tight fists and rubbed his eyes, forcing himself to get off his bed and walk toward the closed door. Scout smiled lightly. It’ll be just like trying to prank one of his older brothers back at home, only this time it’ll be with an asshole. And being a bigger asshole than Scout’s brothers was an achievement that cannot go unpunished.

Scout laid his head on the door, ear first, and listened. Someone was walking as silently as possible through the apartment, sounding a bit lost and a bit confused. What a dumbass. If you break into an apartment in a hotel, at least try and be quiet.

Then the handle rattled. Scout fell back and his heart stopped. The sounds grew louder. His door was about to open, and he had exactly three seconds to find somewhere to hide. He grabbed his favorite baseball bat, which he’d gotten from his Ma a few years back, from under the bed, and tucked himself under the simple guest bed, making sure the blanket hid his figure in the dark. The door swung open silently, and dim light poured out of the opening. A shadow of someone splattered across the light carpet. Scout sucked in a sharp breath, and put his hand on his mouth. Fuck fuck shit fuck. If he only had a bit more time to prepare he would have long before then smashed this person’s head in.

Legs appeared in his field of view. Two shiny and disgustingly fancy shoes, of someone with no taste and too much money, laced neatly and properly. Something sprinkled on the tips of the obviously man’s shoes; glass. Probably shattered the beer bottles Scout’s Ma bought them. Fancy dumbass. Scout grimaced as the man toured about in his room. Why the hell won’t his legs move? Why can’t he stop shaking. Shit. Scout bit his lower lip with a decision made. The moment this asshole turns his back to him, Scout is going to smash him a new one.

But then Scout heard the hiss. “I know you’re in here somewhere, little boy.”

Scout had to gather all his will and courage to not break into a yelp of fear as the blanket covering the bed above him was suddenly pulled away. He knew that one look under the bed would reveal him. Scout rolled aside as a leg was violently pushed under the bed, kicking around, and held himself tight. He nearly peed himself as the leg came closer. Fuck shit. Now or fucking never.

Scout rolled out of his hiding place, brushing at the legs of whoever the fuck decided challenging him was a smart idea, and smashed his bat at his attacker’s knee cap. But it seemed he was ready. The man stepped back just in time, and Scout felt something being shoved into his chest, and he was heaved from the ground below. A sharp stab at his hand, and with regret he felt how the bat was slipping out of his grip.

He squirmed and screeched and tried scratching the man’s eyes and face, kicking everywhere and cursing with a wide vocabulary, such things as “let go of me you fucker!” or “I’ll kill you ya son of a bitch!”

“Settle down now, settle down,” the man whispered patiently, his low, soft voice somehow overpowering Scout’s screeching. “Or I’ll have to snap your little neck, and make quite a mess.”

Scout stopped moving and struggling almost at once, allowing himself to freeze in the man’s strong grip. Only now was he able to see the intruder. Two gloved hands were holding him up in the air, one at his chest, holding him by his loose t-shirt, the other holding his right wrist tightly and warningly.

Two shining eyes held their gaze at him, blue but cruel. They lacked warmth and kindness, and life. But Scout could barely make out the rest of the face, because it was covered with a kind of weird mask Scout assumed only robbers use, not fancy ass insane people. He was wearing a fancy suit that seemed to match in style to his shoes. A red suit and light stripes, and he stank of cigarettes. They didn’t smell like his Ma’s cheap cigarettes. They smelled like those cigarettes of people who think they’re important, so they have to smoke rich cigarettes for no fucking reason.

Scout tried to kick him again, but the man bent aside a bit, then hissed again, and Scout heard the man’s french accent, and couldn’t help but stop a giggle. It made him think of fat people with mustaches and bad smell. “I wouldn’t do that if I were you. Next time you try even scratching me with those grimy fingers, I shall throw you out of the window into the pool below. Trust me, I’ve tried this before - it never ends well.”

Scout stopped, but stared hatefully at the man, with a lip that didn’t fucking stop quivering. He tried his best to keep still as they both eyed each other with deep loathing.

“Aren’t you a feisty little thing…” The man seemed to be talking to himself rather than to Scout, but never the less, he smiled gracefully at Scout. “The Announcer could make very good use of you. How old are you, Scout?”

Scout opened his mouth to answer, when he remembered he never told this guy his name. “I- I’m-” Where the hell was his mother? Shouldn’t she be up? This guy did make a lot of noise- unless…

“Where’s my Ma?” It came out as a shaky question and not a demand, as Scout initially wanted it to be. “What’dya do to my Ma?”

The man looked bored as he spoke. “Your mother is fine, don’t you worry. She is in her room, lying peacefully on the bed.”

Scout was no genius, but it was obvious the guy was sarcastic. “What’dya do to her?”

The man sighed. “Well, she didn’t seem to want to allow me to speak with you, so I had to tie her up. She’s got spirit, you’re very much like her, you know. But the problem is I’ve got a knife, and a gun, and all she had were empty beer bottles.”

At least that explained the shattering noises. With no warning, Scout kicked downward, and heard the beautiful noise of a leg hitting roughly someone’s crotch. Scout smiled as the man’s hands left him almost instantly to hold the soft area between his legs and cry out in pain. Scout picked up the bat and swung it at the man’s head, allowing himself to hit his face. His Ma taught him to hit the gentle spot at the back of one’s head, to insure he fainted immediately. But to cause someone real pain and serious injury, all Scout had to do was break the nose and hurt the eyes, which was what he did by crashing his bat into the strangers face, then turning and running for his mother’s room.

The door swung open easily, and Scout inhaled an angry breath as he entered the room. His mother was tied to the bed frame, her head tilted aside and blood trickling down her nose. Her mouth was covered with a red cloth, perhaps a tie of some sort. Scout bit his lower lip as he approached his mother and touched her shoulder. Immediately, her head straightened and her eyes snapped open. Scout stepped back in fear. He’d never seen this gaze in his Ma’s eyes before. She looked like she was about to murder someone, and there was something she was holding back in that blood-thirst stare. He couldn’t name it.

“Ma…” He approached her and removed the cloth from her mouth, fidgeting with the ropes behind her back.

“Scout, thank god you’re alright.” Well, she seemed almost intact. Apart from her bleeding nose and her messy hair, she was in top shape. Her nightgown was a bit ruffled, but other than that… Nothing.

Scout managed to open the tight knots and threw the ropes aside, helping his mother up on her legs. “I beat the hell outta him.” He didn’t hide his pride even for a second. That fucker deserved that leg in his balls, and the bat in his face. Actually, now that Scout thought of it, he should have kicked him again before stepping out of the room.

“We need to leave, honey. Right now.” His mother pulled his hand and patted his cheek. He grew to be taller of her, but he knew he only had half the balls she had. She seemed like a frail little lady, but she knew how to protect herself very well. “Take your bat with you.”

The door closed just before they made it outside. Without knowing what the hell was happening, his mother pulled him to the wall, and with their backs to the cold cement, they waited. Scout’s mother looked terrified, but at the same time, determined.

“Ma do you know this guy?” Scout whispered, trying to pull his mother back to the door, but she pulled his arm harshly and put her finger on her lips, silencing him.

“Well done, Iris, well done,” the man’s hiss seemed to echo around them. When did he step into the room? Scout squinted hard in the darkness, but he couldn’t make out anything. What the hell…

“You can’t hide him, not anymore. I’m sorry Iris, but you know this has to be done. We had a deal. Give me the child, oui?”

Scout stepped forward, raising his bat, but his mother put an arm on his shoulder. Where the hell was this fucker anyway? The air before Scout eyes shimmered red, and the bat got yanked out of his hands so quickly he didn’t have the chance to protest. He had enough time to see his bat being thrown out of hit sight to the room’s other end, and then the man was directly in front of him, smiling cruelly. Scout shouted in fear, but was quick to raise his fists in front of that man. Shit. He didn’t even have a speck of blood on him.

“Just say the word and I’ll beat him up Ma,” Scout said bravely. The man merely laughed at him, and out of nowhere a knife appeared in his hand. He twirled it skillfully between his fingers, opening and closing it as if it was just a harmless little toy.

“As I said, you have your mother’s spirit, indeed. But you’re not skilled enough to kill me. Not yet. Though the kick did hurt.”

Scout eyed him. He was honest. Who the hell was this guy. His mother pushed him aside to stand directly in front of the man. Scout couldn’t see his mother’s face, but the man’s expression changed from mild amusement to a weary look. “Iris, the boy,” he snapped, his knife freezing in his hand. “Now.”

“Fuck off, Spy. You’re not getting my baby. Get outta here be call-”

“Announcer’s orders, Iris. I’m sorry it has to be this way.” He did seem sorry. “I don’t want to do this the ugly way, Iris.”

“Will you just stop?” Scout shouted at him behind his mother’s back. “I ain’t going with you anywhere, you sick asshole. Just get outta here and leave me and my Ma alone!”

“Shut up, boy. This doesn’t concern you.”

“Doesn’t concern him?” his Ma yelled. “It’s all about him! Spy, please. She can’t do this. I said I’m not in this anymore. We don’t need the money, alright? We got around.”

Scout remembered his mother and one of his older brothers talking about the money problems a year or two back. They were afraid to find themselves homeless. But then one of his older brothers started working as a manager of some company, surprisingly enough, and began earning money. His Ma found a job as a restaurant owner not far from home, and the money problems disappeared. So what is she talking about?

“Iris…” the man suddenly extended his hand toward his Ma. Scout prepared himself for funny business, but to his shock, his Ma took the man’s hand, looked back at Scout and gave him one the the looks. The ones that told him to not do anything and sit quietly if he doesn’t want to be slapped. The man led his Ma to the door, and they left the room. Scout heard them whispering, and as he peeked beyond the door’s bay, he saw his mother crying, and the man holding her hand close to his mouth and fluttering kisses across her fingers, whispering something as well. Scout’s mouth fell agape. Who the hell was this asshole?

His mother leaned on the man, and he kissed her cheek softly. From the place Scout was standing at, he looked so different from the man who just a few moments ago tried abducting him. He was gentle, caring, and almost nice. Almost. If it wasn’t for his mother’s strange behaviour around him, he might have began to change his mind about this dumbfuck.

Scout’s Ma turned away from the man, and approached Scout, while the man stayed behind. She sat on the bed, and wiped away the tears. Scout felt a pang of fear again. “Ma, who’s this guy?”

“An old friend,” she said. “Scout, I want you to listen to me, and listen close. You’re a big boy now. You’re nearly nineteen. I want you to do exactly as I say. This man is going to take you to a special facility-”

“What like a crazy people facility?”

“God no!” his mother laughed, and Scout was relieved to hear the lovely sound. “It’s a special facility. They try to develop special technology there, and you’re going to help them.”

Scout snored. “Ma I don’t know how to build stuff. And I ain’t going and leaving you here.”

“Scout.” Damn. It was that tone. “You’re not going to build things. You’re going to work as something else. I signed a deal…” her eyes turned foggy, “back then… when we had the money problems. I tried caceling it, but it turns out you can’t. You have to go.”

Scout opened his mouth to say something, but his mother’s eyes filled with tears again, and Scout realised oh-so-suddenly that nothing would work. His mother had never acted like that before, but it was clear to him that if she lost hope, then so should he. He nodded, then shook his head. “I don’t get it.”

“This man will explain everything you need to know, Scout. Don’t worry. We’ll see each other again very soon,” she smiled sadly. “But this job you have to take.”

“Why?”

“Because I made a deal.” She wouldn’t explain more than that. Scout shut his mouth for a second, and thought. Was there any chance he was going to go with this guy anywhere? No. But on the other hand… was there any chance he was going to disappoint his mother? Even put her in danger? No. Fuck no.

“Alright.” He hugged his mother and sniffed. “Alright. Ok. I’ll go. Alright.”

His Ma hugged him back tightly and sniffed as well. “Call me when you get there, alright? Spy will explain everything you need to know, alright?”

“Ready to leave?” The man was behind them again, smiling coldly at Scout. Scout made a face at him, then bowed his head. No fucking way he’s going to cry in front of this fancy-pants shit. He found his bat in the corner of the room, and went for the door to go to his room. He knew he’d have to take everything he’s brought with him. When he reached the door he looked behind his shoulder to see the man sitting on the bed beside his Ma, hugging her shoulders.

“The ropes weren’t necessary,” he heard his mother whisper to the man with an amused smile.

“I disagree completely,” the man whispered back with the same smile, and they both giggled.

Fucking assholes.
Delete Post:  
Report Post:  
More...
Captcha
2