These rules apply on every board unless noted. Last updated 5/22/13.
- No one under the age of 18. However, we cannot guarantee that everyone is of age here. We can only make judgements based on your behaviour. If you act underage, you will get banned, no matter what age you claim to be.
- Do not share personal information about other users that could compromise their identity.
- Do not use URL shortening services to link to malicious sites.
- Do not spam or flood by copy-pasting messages in several threads/boards.
- Do not spam links and refrain from linking to referral marketing sites.
- Do not advertise your website/scheme/porn.
- Try to keep your spelling and grammar tidy.
- Don't post furry material. Leave your fursuit at the door. If you admit to being a furry, expect to be ridiculed.
- Plagiarism (posting another person’s work and claiming it is your own when it is not) is an instant permaban.
- Do not harrass or flame other users.
- Discrimination upon any basis is unacceptable. Not only is it against the rules, but you should feel bad.
- Trolling for the sake of "shit-posting" is a bannable offense. Trolling otherwise when it is in jest is alright.
- Do not abuse or excessively take advantage of site features (such as reporting other users).
- Ban-dodging is an instant permaban.
- If you have a serious problem with another user, think you're being harrassed, are unsure about reporting someone, think you were banned unfairly or in error, or just have a question about the rules, feel free to drop by our [IRC] and talk to a moderator or send them an [email].
- Above all else, use common sense and don't be a cuntrag to other users.
These rules apply specifically to the proper etiquette involved when posting art, giving or receiving constructive criticism, and to posting in text boards. Last updated 5/22/13.
- Avoid posting terrible anime-styled fanart. It's too conventional, does not match up with the feel of TF2 and is looked down on around here. There are people who can do it well, but they have things like anatomy down already and aren't using the style as a crutch.
- If you post fanart or fanfiction, expect to receive constructive criticism. This happens because we like to see people improve upon their work. It is a good thing!
- If you do not feel that you can handle constructive criticism, do not post your fanart or fanfiction.
- When giving constructive criticism, make sure it is helpful to the creator of the work. If you feel that something needs improving, explain how and why to the best of your ability.
- Do not censure or police another person's critique. Remember, it is the artist--not you--who is meant to take something from constructive criticism.
- Do not derail an artist's thread.
- When posting in a text board thread that has gone more than a week without the Original Poster updating, use the sage function (put "sage" without quotations in the e-mail field). This prevents "necrobumping", otherwise known as the revival of old threads with no new content, and is an annoyance to previous followers that believe the OP has updated, only to be disappointed.
- Fanbrat behaviour, i.e. "OMG SO KAWAII DESU XDDD", *does action*, "SQUEEEE", etc., makes you look underage. Don't do it.
- Keep the fangirly bullshit behavior to a minimum if you MUST act like that at all.
- Do not act like a weeaboo. Anime may be cool, but the people who obsess over it and use the art style as a crutch instead of learning real anatomy are obnoxious.
- Weeaboo emoticons such as ^__^, o__o or T__T are frowned upon heavily. Please do not excessively use emoticons.
- Do not spout memes. Meme-spouting is for kids who want to show their friends they're cool and edgy because they browse 4chan from school.
- Sometimes, people on the Internet are mean. This is normal. Giving people a veil of anonymity automatically makes some of them act like assholes. Do not take this personally.
- Sometimes, people on the Internet say things that contradict your personal preferences and opinions. This is not the same as being mean. Learn to understand the difference between people being assholes and people having opinions that differ from your own.
- When someone has an opinion that differs from your own, do not respond by being an asshole just because you have Internet anonymity.
- TF2chan is not your Blogspot, LiveJournal, FanFiction.net, deviantART or tumblr page. If something happens that upsets you, do not scream and cry about it, just deal with it. The Internet is not a hugbox. If you scream and cry about it, expect to be ridiculed.
- Do not upload, post, discuss, request, or link to anything that would violate local or United States law, including (but not limited to) illegal content such as child pornography and copyrighted pay content.
- If you use the site and you are under the age of 18 then you are invalidating the use of the site, and you will then be subsequently permabanned and held accountable for any and all damages resulting from your use of the site.
- By accessing, browsing, or using this site, you assume all responsibility for the direct/indirect consquences of your posts, and you agree not to hold TF2chan responsible for any damages from your use of the site.
- As a condition of using this site, you must fully understand, and comply with the rules of TF2chan.net.
- All trademarks and copyrights on this site are owned by their respective parties.
- Images uploaded and comments posted are the responsibility of the poster.
- If you have any questions on any of our rules, please [contact us].
- Using the report button is the best way to direct a moderator’s attention to any rule-breaking posts. Likewise, if you feel that a thread is in the wrong section, report it, stating this as the reason so we can move it to the right board.
- A short 1-hour or 1-day ban may be given as a warning to someone breaking the above rules. The reason for the warning ban will be stated on the ban page. If you are banned again for the same reason, your next ban will be longer. Persistent re-offenders will be permabanned.
- If you have a question, comment, concern or suggestion, the moderators are available in [Steam Chat] or [IRC]. The moderators also have their [contact info] in the e-mail field of their posts; you may contact these at any time.
- Please be respectful in your correspondence with TF2chan’s moderators as they do not get paid for their work and are managing the boards on their own time.
- If you feel that the moderators are acting unreasonable, raise your concerns in a polite, respectful and mature manner. Do not respond to perceived unreasonable behaviour with more unreasonable behaviour.
- The moderators will do their best to respond to any queries, but be aware that the boards are used by many people and keeping everyone happy is likely to be impossible. Nevertheless, we will help whenever we are able to.
- The moderators reserve the right to enforce the rules, and any unwritten rules, as they see fit. If you have a question or concern about any of these rules or their enforcement, please contact a member of the staff.
- The above rules apply to EVERYONE. Whether you post with a tripcode or not, whether you post with a name or not, whether you contribute or not, the rules are the same for every user of the site. No one will be given more leeway than the next person. If you feel that you or someone else should be privy to some special privileges due to your contributions or standing within the community, go back to Blogspot, LiveJournal, FanFiction.net, deviantArt or tumblr.
- We reserve the right to update and modify these rules at any time.
Total Posts: 62081
Active Content: 4559.52 MB